Friday, March 16, 2012

New Addition!

It's probably no surprise now that it's on Facebook, but Reid and I brought home our newest addition yesterday evening! His name is Wyatt Ellis Young and he was born at 5:33am on Tuesday, March 13th. Wyatt weighed in at 5lbs 6oz, sported a full head of hair, and some wickedly long fingers and toes.



No, I wasn't pregnant, I wouldn't be able to hide it that well if I were. Wyatt is truly a gift from God. He's part of an adoption plan that Reid and I have had since early December, thanks to a dear friend and a family that wanted to do the right thing for an unborn baby. Wyatt's birth mom is amazing, such a strong, beautiful woman, and we'll be forever grateful to her for the gift of Wyatt. We chose not to tell everyone about our plan ahead of time in order to respect the privacy of everyone involved in the adoption plan.

We're home from the hospital now, and trying to adjust to life as a family of three. Feedings last night were split between mom and dad, and I actually got a decent amount of sleep. I can't speak for Reid, but I imagine he'd say the same thing. It's amazing to be able to bring a baby home from the hospital. The ride back to our house was almost ethereal, totally unreal. I had to keep touching Wyatt to make sure that I wasn't dreaming! It's so far from where we were a year ago, believing that we were just not meant to bring our kids home from the hospital.

Reid and I want to thank everyone for their excitement and well wishes, I'm sure that we'll need some of that in the coming weeks as we adjust to never getting a good night's sleep again. or at least for the next few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment