Wednesday, March 11, 2009

back to it

i'm going to head in to work this afternoon, if only to say hello to my coworkers whom miss talking to, and to assess the damage. i think i need to know what i'm up against on Thursday when i return to work full time. the last time i saw my desk, it was surprisingly clean but BJ's desk was the opposite. mostly because he's been doing all of my work for the last month, i'msure. although it seems that they can manage without me there, i'm eager to get back to it.

i'm not sure if it's too early to go back to work. people have been asking me lately, and i don't have the answer. i do know that to fully grieve, you need more than two weeks. i'll need years, i'm sure. 

i've been able to connect with Reid's cousin Aimee, someone who's been in my shoes, and it's been comforting to hear that the feelings i have are normal. i don't believe for one second that it's a good thing that there are many women out there in my position, or who've gone through similar situations, but i thank God that i'm able to connect with at least one of them. in time, i'll find a support group locally and begin to sort through my feelings.

i thought i'd get a lot of unpacking and organizing done around the house this week while i was off of work, but i ended up doing a little shopping instead. thing
s are coming together around the house slowly but surely (with Reid's help, of course).

i'm really looking forward to this weekend. i want some time with Reid all to myself. i want to continue to make our home feel more like our own. i want to go back to church and praise our Lord with some of the people who have been so fervently praying for us all this time.

reid has an interview today, and another on Thursday. i hope he can find some sense of peace during the day because going back to school this week has been incredibly difficult for him emotionally. adding interviews to that makes for an incredibly stressful week. have i ever said that my husband is amazing? he is. to the max.

Signe is also pretty rad.

2 comments:

  1. How incredible are you?? Very is the answer. I almost started crying when I read what you wrote. Thank you honey. I promise your very normal. And I think by making your house a home for you and Reid is a good idea. Also a thought maybe...is think about at some point if you both can take some time off in the near future. Go away together. Some where you've never been. It will be theraputic(spl). And if you are interested our home is always open to you both. We live an hour north of San Diego. We'd love to have you and get to know you. I think also it would do Reid good to have a man to talk to that's gone through what he has. Cory is very good at that. Love to you both.
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, Kara...you really are an inspiration. I admire you for going in to work today...and that you are going back Thurs. Wow! I will be praying for you extra as you go back. I am sure it will be hard; I can't imagine. I can't wait to see your home! I bet it is adorable, just like you!
    Love the picture of Signe. She and Izzy could be good pals...they enjoy the same lazy pastime ;)

    ReplyDelete