Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Amen and Amen

whew! what a couple of days we've had.

the packing police came over this morning and worked on packing up our apartment in shifts. needless to say, it's done! i slept through a lot of it. Wendy and Jeannie came over around 10:00, and packed the entire kitchen and then some, while i fell asleep.

Dena and Mary B. came over around 2:00 to bring me lunch and finish the job. i ended up calling the doctor while they were packing because the pain was just getting to be intolerable and i couldn't imagine another night like last night. i was in constant pain, and had to pee every three seconds.

Dena took me over to the doctor, they hooked me up to the monitor and saw that there was some irritation so i took a test and voila! i have a bladder infection. that's the culprit behind early labor pains, contractions, and just general discomfort. that's it. i'm so happy. i've never been happier to find out this kind of news. Reid is on his way to pick up my meds so i can start getting better. this also means that my bed rest days are probably almost over.

i think that this ordeal may have been God telling me to pay better attention to my body. it worked.

i don't know that i have words to express how thankful i am that we live in such a wonderful place, surrounded by such wonderful people. i've never been the recipient of such loving kindness in my life from people who aren't even related to me. i know that there is a reason that every single person is in our lives, and i am thankful to be able to see those reasons on days like today (it doesn't hurt that i had a great conversation with my wonderful aunt Teresa about this recently). i just want to give everyone who helped me today a huge hug. and watch out, i'm a hugger. fo' reals.

No comments:

Post a Comment