Monday, January 19, 2009

good news

we had the first of many ultrasounds to come today. it went well. we could see our baby's face, and its adorable little arm and hand. we saw the baby move its little mouth, and eyes. love it.

i was happy to be able to call my mom with some good news. i hate to think that she's worrying about us so much. i know that it's because she cares, but seriously, life is stressful enough! luckily she's on her way to Florida to see my sister Tina. i know she's going to love spending some well deserved time in Ft. Myers (Tina's kids are cute to the zoo...and smart).

the doctor measured my belly today, and i measure at 27 weeks although i'm only 24. it just breaks my heart that the extra baby in there is bladder, and not just a big baby. at this point, it's about volume, not weight so i don't think the bladder is causing it to weigh more than it really should, maybe just a little.

Reid sent out another update email to our concerned friends and family. i'm so glad he's such a great writer. he should be the one to keep a blog, but has too much stuff going on in his life to make time for blogging. i have to give him credit, this is going to be a tough semester with student teaching, buying a house, having a problem pregnancy, and all of the other small stresses that life seems to present. he's pretty awesome and i'm so lucky to have him by my side through life.

it's only 8:00pm and i'm truly exhausted. time for some fizzy water and a good bedtime story to put me to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. I've been following along without commenting, but I want to let you know I've been breathing easier since I read this post.

    Y'all are going to have an awesome family, one whose members are oddly adept at playing fake musical instruments on video games.

    --Garrett

    ReplyDelete